Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 4:00 AM ET
The Smart Ride, November 18-19
This eight-year-old bike ride sees participants from around the globe jetting in to trek 165 miles from Miami to über-gay-friendly Key West to raise money for Florida AIDS service agencies. This year a record number of cyclists are expected to ride (not race) in the annual event. The Smart Ride guarantees that 100% of the pledges raised will go to participating nonprofits Broward House, Metropolitan Charities, the Center for Positive Connections, AIDS Help, Miracle of Love, and the Comprehensive AIDS Program of Palm Beach County. TheSmartRide.org
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment