Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Art Basel Miami Beach, December 1-4
Often called the most important
art show in the United States, Art Basel Miami Beach is a sister event
to Switzerland’s Art Basel, which has been the world’s most prestigious
art show for the past four decades. Over 250 art galleries from North
and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa will showcase works by 2,000
artists. Don’t think it’s all highbrow, though. The event will also
include performance pieces, public art projects, video installations,
some contemporary cutting-edge works, and a ton of hot-ticket parties.
All the exhibition sites are located in Miami Beach’s beautiful Art Deco
District, within walking distance of boutiques, hotels, and beaches.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple