Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Art Basel Miami Beach, December 1-4
Often called the most important
art show in the United States, Art Basel Miami Beach is a sister event
to Switzerland’s Art Basel, which has been the world’s most prestigious
art show for the past four decades. Over 250 art galleries from North
and South America, Europe, Asia, and Africa will showcase works by 2,000
artists. Don’t think it’s all highbrow, though. The event will also
include performance pieces, public art projects, video installations,
some contemporary cutting-edge works, and a ton of hot-ticket parties.
All the exhibition sites are located in Miami Beach’s beautiful Art Deco
District, within walking distance of boutiques, hotels, and beaches.
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- We Made Lily Tomlin Cry
- Katrina Update: Where Are They Now?
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights