Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, May
Although based in
South Beach, the filmfest offers screenings throughout Miami-Dade County
and Fort Lauderdale, and though the big shindig happens in May, the
organization sponsors events throughout the year—like September’s
exclusive screening of the German lesbian vampire hit We Are the Night.
The fest brings in more than 10,000 visitors every year to watch films
that offer historical and contemporary perspectives on the gay, lesbian,
bisexual, and transgender experience. Plus, the parties are even hotter
than the ushers. MGLFF.com
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'