Miami Vices: Why Every Weekend Is a Party
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 12 2011 5:00 AM ET
Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, May
Although based in
South Beach, the filmfest offers screenings throughout Miami-Dade County
and Fort Lauderdale, and though the big shindig happens in May, the
organization sponsors events throughout the year—like September’s
exclusive screening of the German lesbian vampire hit We Are the Night.
The fest brings in more than 10,000 visitors every year to watch films
that offer historical and contemporary perspectives on the gay, lesbian,
bisexual, and transgender experience. Plus, the parties are even hotter
than the ushers. MGLFF.com
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How The Way He Looks Will Open Your Eyes
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'