Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Booting spring breakers from its shores may have not boosted Jagermeister sales, but it sure has classed up the joint. Add to that a mass exodus from Miami, where a real estate boom priced out many gay clubs (then the boom busted), and you have the recipe for a rising homo mecca in South Florida. The area is teeming with gay bars and restaurants, and a ton of guesthouses and spas that run the gamut from mild to spicy. Lesbians are finally starting to move to Fort Lauderdale too, though most girl bars, like New Moon (NewMoonBar.com), are in nearby Wilton Manors.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- PHOTOS: The Mud, Sweat, and Glory of the Bingham Cup
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- Never Say This to Gay Parents
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility