Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Booting spring breakers from its shores may have not boosted Jagermeister sales, but it sure has classed up the joint. Add to that a mass exodus from Miami, where a real estate boom priced out many gay clubs (then the boom busted), and you have the recipe for a rising homo mecca in South Florida. The area is teeming with gay bars and restaurants, and a ton of guesthouses and spas that run the gamut from mild to spicy. Lesbians are finally starting to move to Fort Lauderdale too, though most girl bars, like New Moon (NewMoonBar.com), are in nearby Wilton Manors.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- Who Influences Our Influential 40 Under 40?
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman