Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
4. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Booting spring breakers from its shores may have not boosted Jagermeister sales, but it sure has classed up the joint. Add to that a mass exodus from Miami, where a real estate boom priced out many gay clubs (then the boom busted), and you have the recipe for a rising homo mecca in South Florida. The area is teeming with gay bars and restaurants, and a ton of guesthouses and spas that run the gamut from mild to spicy. Lesbians are finally starting to move to Fort Lauderdale too, though most girl bars, like New Moon (NewMoonBar.com), are in nearby Wilton Manors.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 49 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 7 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 13 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 1 hour 29 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 40 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 7 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 2 hours 13 min ago