Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 4:00 AM ET
4. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Booting spring breakers from its shores may have not boosted Jagermeister sales, but it sure has classed up the joint. Add to that a mass exodus from Miami, where a real estate boom priced out many gay clubs (then the boom busted), and you have the recipe for a rising homo mecca in South Florida. The area is teeming with gay bars and restaurants, and a ton of guesthouses and spas that run the gamut from mild to spicy. Lesbians are finally starting to move to Fort Lauderdale too, though most girl bars, like New Moon (NewMoonBar.com), are in nearby Wilton Manors.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 58 min 24 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 24 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 29 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 52 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 56 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 59 min ago