Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
3. Cambridge, Mass.
The home of Harvard University likes a smarty-pants, including the nation's first African-American lesbian mayor, E. Denise Simmons. Though her reign ended in 2009, she is currently in her sixth term on the City Council, which enacted antidiscrimination protections for transgender people in 1997. The town's Paradise bar (ParadiseCambridge.com) is billed as New England's only gay club with hot male dancers six nights a week — hey, everyone needs a night off — and the town is right next to a little hamlet named Boston, where allegedly LGBT stuff sometimes happens too.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality 27 min 53 sec ago
- Style WATCH: How to Dress For Summer 33 min 30 sec ago
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 1 hour 6 min ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 1 hour 19 min ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 1 hour 26 min ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 1 hour 56 min ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 9:35 AM