Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
3. Cambridge, Mass.
The home of Harvard University likes a smarty-pants, including the nation's first African-American lesbian mayor, E. Denise Simmons. Though her reign ended in 2009, she is currently in her sixth term on the City Council, which enacted antidiscrimination protections for transgender people in 1997. The town's Paradise bar (ParadiseCambridge.com) is billed as New England's only gay club with hot male dancers six nights a week — hey, everyone needs a night off — and the town is right next to a little hamlet named Boston, where allegedly LGBT stuff sometimes happens too.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves