Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
3. Cambridge, Mass.
The home of Harvard University likes a smarty-pants, including the nation's first African-American lesbian mayor, E. Denise Simmons. Though her reign ended in 2009, she is currently in her sixth term on the City Council, which enacted antidiscrimination protections for transgender people in 1997. The town's Paradise bar (ParadiseCambridge.com) is billed as New England's only gay club with hot male dancers six nights a week — hey, everyone needs a night off — and the town is right next to a little hamlet named Boston, where allegedly LGBT stuff sometimes happens too.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- The Backlash
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions