Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
3. Cambridge, Mass.
The home of Harvard University likes a smarty-pants, including the nation's first African-American lesbian mayor, E. Denise Simmons. Though her reign ended in 2009, she is currently in her sixth term on the City Council, which enacted antidiscrimination protections for transgender people in 1997. The town's Paradise bar (ParadiseCambridge.com) is billed as New England's only gay club with hot male dancers six nights a week — hey, everyone needs a night off — and the town is right next to a little hamlet named Boston, where allegedly LGBT stuff sometimes happens too.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Booing Jennicet Was Wrong, But Was What She Did Worse?
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?