Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
2. Orlando, Fla.
Besides hosting Gay Days at Disney World, where 50,000 LGBT folks and their kids dressed in red T-shirts invade the theme park the first Saturday in June (and spend $100 million in town), Orlando has more gay softball teams than you can shake a Louisville Slugger at. And residents just got domestic-partnership protections. For non-Mickeyphiles, there's oodles of homo content each year at the annual Orlando International Fringe Theater Festival (OrlandoFringe.org).
- Op-ed: Burning Books, One Word at a Time
- WATCH: PBS Showcases Queer Aspects of Cosplay
- Op-ed: Why Do Kids Anger So Many Gay Men?
- WATCH: UMass Rally Shouts Down Westboro’s Attempted Picket of Derrick Gordon
- S.C. Town Fights Firing of Lesbian Police Chief
- Last Words With RuPaul's Drag Race's Trinity K. Bonet