Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif.
How gay is Long Beach? Its pride celebration is one of the country's biggest, and the Long Beach Pride float seems to make its way to every other Pride event within 500 miles! There are a ton of gay and lesbian bars, restaurants, a big boat suitably named the Queen Mary (QueenMary.com; it's also haunted, and a hotel). The sunny, welcoming city provides a more relaxed alternative to nearby Los Angeles.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski Endorses Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out, Cops Offer Reward
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Man Charged With Greenwich Village Murder Pleads Not Guilty
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 7 min 10 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Florida Group Aims to Build Marriage Equality Support 1 hour 2 min ago
- Women WATCH: The L Word's Kate Moennig in Ray Donovan Series Premiere 1 hour 6 min ago
- Crime Man Pleads Not Guilty to West Village Murder 1 hour 14 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Trans Woman Attacked in Hollywood Hate Crime Speaks Out 1 hour 29 min ago
- Politics This Man Wants to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu' 1 hour 43 min ago
- Music WATCH: 'Guess What?' Cazwell's New Video Is Hot! 1 hour 50 min ago