Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif.
How gay is Long Beach? Its pride celebration is one of the country's biggest, and the Long Beach Pride float seems to make its way to every other Pride event within 500 miles! There are a ton of gay and lesbian bars, restaurants, a big boat suitably named the Queen Mary (QueenMary.com; it's also haunted, and a hotel). The sunny, welcoming city provides a more relaxed alternative to nearby Los Angeles.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times