Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif.
How gay is Long Beach? Its pride celebration is one of the country's biggest, and the Long Beach Pride float seems to make its way to every other Pride event within 500 miles! There are a ton of gay and lesbian bars, restaurants, a big boat suitably named the Queen Mary (QueenMary.com; it's also haunted, and a hotel). The sunny, welcoming city provides a more relaxed alternative to nearby Los Angeles.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos