Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
14. Long Beach, Calif.
How gay is Long Beach? Its pride celebration is one of the country's biggest, and the Long Beach Pride float seems to make its way to every other Pride event within 500 miles! There are a ton of gay and lesbian bars, restaurants, a big boat suitably named the Queen Mary (QueenMary.com; it's also haunted, and a hotel). The sunny, welcoming city provides a more relaxed alternative to nearby Los Angeles.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-Curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion