Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
12. Portland, Ore.
Bisexual Sleater-Kinney alum Carrie Brownstein has fun on Portlandia ("Put a bird on it!") playing with the rep of the city's hipster, hyper-locavore, hyper-literate, boycott-ready, feminist, fleece-clad denizens. But there's other fun to be had here too. Visit the arty Pearl and Alberta districts; stay at the Ace Hotel; read at the country's largest indie bookstore, Powell's; drink at the Silverado (SilveradoPDX.com) and Red Cap Garage/Boxxes (Boxxes.com); tune in to Out Loud (KBOO.fm/OutLoud), and party at Crush (CrushBar.com), popular with men and women. Oh, then there's all that nature stuff!
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate