Gayest Cities in America, 2012
BY Matthew Breen
January 09 2012 4:00 AM ET
11. Little Rock, Ark.
The River Market District is the main gay area, and many businesses that don't advertise as specifically LGBT are friendly and open. The compact city has Backstreet (1021 Jessie Rd.) and U.B.U. (TheAquarium.bizland.com) for the over-18 crowd, and those of legal drinking age can check out SixTen Center Street Bar, TraX, Miss Kitty's/Saloon (all three at TraxNLR.com). But not all LGBT life happens in a bar: According to GayChurch.org, nine of the city's churches advertise as LGBT-friendly. Amen!
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 28 min 38 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 1 hour 16 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 46 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 51 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 32 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 1:20 PM