Out NYC: Does New York Need a Gay Hotel?
BY Matthew Breen
February 12 2013 6:00 AM ET
Clearly the place is neither a stuffy gay bed-and-breakfast nor a gauche, disco ball–like sensory assault. The rooms are trendy and tasteful, with the full array of the resort’s offerings on display on the flat-screen TVs. The glass-and-mirror bathrooms, light-up-cube nightstands, and drawers and rods for storing your clothes (but no closets—metaphor alert) further the cool-but-never-cold appeal. Jaded urbanites will find this as appealing as travelers from further afield.
The Out NYC understands that LGBTs share their travel experiences, so in a city where a gay hotel could be appreciated but it isn’t, strictly speaking, necessary, all the details have to be perfect. One such detail is the recent hiring of Christopher Drummond as the director of the hotel’s spa. The handsome skin-care expert and former model has revamped the spa menu to include a full slate of services including massage, sugaring, facials, Botox, nails, yoga, and hammam scrubs.
There’s no shortage of things to do in the neighborhood, but before you explore, you’ll likely be eager, just as I was, to sample what Out NYC has to offer first. TheOutNYC.com
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment