7 Things to Know About Coronado Island
BY Michelle Garcia
February 27 2013 4:22 AM ET
4. Coronado Brewery
Look, "don't ask, don't tell" is over. If you want to bag yourself a sailor, grab a cold one at the Coronado Brewing Company, the island's only brewery. You may be saying "only?!" but the city of San Diego is home to dozens of breweries, making it one of the hottest cities in the U.S. for craft beer lovers. This friendly, family-owned brewery and pub is a favorite among the local Navy personnel for a hearty lunch and tasty suds.
5. The Sand Castle Man
Coronado beach is a 1.5-mile stretch of beautiful, sandy coastline, perfect for a relaxing, refreshing, and fun day at the beach. The sand, deposited northward from the exquisite shores of Mexico, provides a soft surface for lying out as well as the perfect material for the Sand Castle Man. If you're addicted to the Travel Channel, you've probably seen the Sand Castle Man, Bill Pavlacka, who creates a new structure each day. Typically, he sets up camp on the beach right out in front of the Hotel Del.
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Morrissey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 17 min 15 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 1 hour 4 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 1 hour 34 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 1 hour 40 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2 hours 20 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 1:20 PM