2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
6. St. Louis, Mo. (pop. 318,069)
The city’s three gay elected officials, gay rodeo association, and gay-friendly concert lineup confirm to us what many already knew about St. Louis: It’s the open-minded heart of the Midwest. Before the leather bars and LGBT center opened along Manchester Avenue, before there was the RiverFront Times-voted Best Lesbian Bar Attitudes Bar & Grill (4100 Manchester Ave., 314-534-0044), the Boxers ‘n Briefs all-male strip club (BoxersNBriefs.com), or the down-and-dirty Grey Fox (GreyFoxSTL.com), Tennessee Williams was frequenting the Central West End, with its architectural sights, hotels, and galleries.
Above: Drag performer Michelle McCausland
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?