2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
6. St. Louis, Mo. (pop. 318,069)
The city’s three gay elected officials, gay rodeo association, and gay-friendly concert lineup confirm to us what many already knew about St. Louis: It’s the open-minded heart of the Midwest. Before the leather bars and LGBT center opened along Manchester Avenue, before there was the RiverFront Times-voted Best Lesbian Bar Attitudes Bar & Grill (4100 Manchester Ave., 314-534-0044), the Boxers ‘n Briefs all-male strip club (BoxersNBriefs.com), or the down-and-dirty Grey Fox (GreyFoxSTL.com), Tennessee Williams was frequenting the Central West End, with its architectural sights, hotels, and galleries.
Above: Drag performer Michelle McCausland
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights