2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
13. Orlando, Fla. (pop. 249,562)
Let’s make an Orlando LGBT list: Gay Days at Disney World bring in 150,000 LGBT folks and their pals all dressed in red T-shirts (along with $100 million a year); The Orlando International Fringe Festival (OrlandoFringe.org) is super gay — it produced Bitches of the Kingdom; there are domestic partnership protections and a growing live music scene; and then there’s the Parliament House, an all-in-one gay bar, club, and hotel complex (ParliamentHouse.com) with seven bars on 10 acres catering to almost any experience, be it sporty, campy, grungy, or glam.
Above: Pulse nightclub
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'