2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
13. Orlando, Fla. (pop. 249,562)
Let’s make an Orlando LGBT list: Gay Days at Disney World bring in 150,000 LGBT folks and their pals all dressed in red T-shirts (along with $100 million a year); The Orlando International Fringe Festival (OrlandoFringe.org) is super gay — it produced Bitches of the Kingdom; there are domestic partnership protections and a growing live music scene; and then there’s the Parliament House, an all-in-one gay bar, club, and hotel complex (ParliamentHouse.com) with seven bars on 10 acres catering to almost any experience, be it sporty, campy, grungy, or glam.
Above: Pulse nightclub
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House