2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
13. Orlando, Fla. (pop. 249,562)
Let’s make an Orlando LGBT list: Gay Days at Disney World bring in 150,000 LGBT folks and their pals all dressed in red T-shirts (along with $100 million a year); The Orlando International Fringe Festival (OrlandoFringe.org) is super gay — it produced Bitches of the Kingdom; there are domestic partnership protections and a growing live music scene; and then there’s the Parliament House, an all-in-one gay bar, club, and hotel complex (ParliamentHouse.com) with seven bars on 10 acres catering to almost any experience, be it sporty, campy, grungy, or glam.
Above: Pulse nightclub
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Top Filipino Singer-Actor Comes Out as a Transgender Man
- Zack Ford Gives Straight Progressives the Rundown on LGBT Rights