2014's Gayest Cities in America
BY Matthew Breen
January 06 2014 5:00 AM ET
11. San Francisco, Calif. (pop. 825,863)
Calm down, San Francisco. Everyone knows you’re still the gayest thing going. The beautiful, panoramic City by the Bay is home to both well-heeled queers and a vibrant counterculture (witness the uproar over the recently announced ban on public nudity). LGBT life here is not limited to the Castro neighborhood, though that’s a tourist draw for good reason — it’s a queer Disneyland. You’ll find us in every neighborhood, and gay-owned and gay-popular bars, restaurants, and business are everywhere. San Francisco is home to more nightlife than you can shake a go-go boy at, as well as vibrant bear and trans communities.
- Michele Bachmann Is Back With One of Her Most Homophobic Comments Ever
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Modern Family's Gay Dad Says NO WAY to Rick Santorum Photo
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: Model Andreja Pejic Comes Out as a Transgender Woman
- This African Mother Is a Lesbian and a 'Criminal'