Dan Cathy's Latest Interview: Chick-fil-A Loves 'Biblical Families'
BY Neal Broverman
October 03 2012 1:48 PM ET
Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy may want to cut down on interviews: He spoke to Atlanta's NBC affiliate last weekend and reiterated his company's support for families, specifically "biblical families."
When the company pledged in September to stop donating to antigay groups, it seemed Chick-fil-A was working to mend its disastrous relationship with LGBT people after Cathy confirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage and insulted gay families this summer. But, as The Advocate reported recently, the company is still funneling funds to such organizations, some of which are labeled hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And this latest interview will not improve the company's public relations.
"Families are very important to our country," Cathy said. "We're concerned about it being able to hang onto the heritage we have. We're supporting biblical families. We've always been a part of that."
Watch the entire video, in which Cathy manages to say "families" six times in 11 seconds. Read more here.
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 20 min 13 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 27 min 28 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 34 min 12 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 39 min 13 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 31 min ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 1 hour 39 min ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 1 hour 43 min ago