Dan Cathy's Latest Interview: Chick-fil-A Loves 'Biblical Families'
BY Neal Broverman
October 03 2012 1:48 PM ET
Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy may want to cut down on interviews: He spoke to Atlanta's NBC affiliate last weekend and reiterated his company's support for families, specifically "biblical families."
When the company pledged in September to stop donating to antigay groups, it seemed Chick-fil-A was working to mend its disastrous relationship with LGBT people after Cathy confirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage and insulted gay families this summer. But, as The Advocate reported recently, the company is still funneling funds to such organizations, some of which are labeled hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And this latest interview will not improve the company's public relations.
"Families are very important to our country," Cathy said. "We're concerned about it being able to hang onto the heritage we have. We're supporting biblical families. We've always been a part of that."
Watch the entire video, in which Cathy manages to say "families" six times in 11 seconds. Read more here.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM