Dan Cathy's Latest Interview: Chick-fil-A Loves 'Biblical Families'
BY Neal Broverman
October 03 2012 1:48 PM ET
Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy may want to cut down on interviews: He spoke to Atlanta's NBC affiliate last weekend and reiterated his company's support for families, specifically "biblical families."
When the company pledged in September to stop donating to antigay groups, it seemed Chick-fil-A was working to mend its disastrous relationship with LGBT people after Cathy confirmed his opposition to same-sex marriage and insulted gay families this summer. But, as The Advocate reported recently, the company is still funneling funds to such organizations, some of which are labeled hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center. And this latest interview will not improve the company's public relations.
"Families are very important to our country," Cathy said. "We're concerned about it being able to hang onto the heritage we have. We're supporting biblical families. We've always been a part of that."
Watch the entire video, in which Cathy manages to say "families" six times in 11 seconds. Read more here.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor