Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
BY Aefa Mulholland
July 19 2009 11:00 PM ET
Gay travel is often "different for girls." Does a listing that states "gay-friendly" also mean "lesbian-friendly" or "lesbian-popular"? If accommodations are advertised as "gay/lesbian," will visiting women find themselves lone ladies in a gay male-dominated, clothing-optional compound? Will female travelers make the unfortunate discovery that accommodations are "lesbian-overly friendly" and find themselves the objects of unwanted interest? Call ahead to potential accommodations and ask about their percentage of lesbian guests. But don't allow such concerns to limit vacations to the same spots that have lured ladies for decades: a slew of off-radar sapphic spots await.
If you're looking for new places to vacation in the company of women, click here for a tour of our top-five offbeat lesbian destinations, starting with number 5 and counting down to our number 1 absolute favorite getaway for girls.
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 12 min 10 sec ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 12 min 41 sec ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 33 min 47 sec ago
- World News Two Gay Men Now Lead Luxembourg 48 min 23 sec ago
- World News Elton John's Weekend Concerts in Russia to Proceed 1 hour 33 min ago
- Entertainment News WATCH: Leslie Jordan 'Go Bold' With Models to Crash Super Bowl 2 hours 50 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM