Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
BY Aefa Mulholland
July 19 2009 11:00 PM ET
Gay travel is often "different for girls." Does a listing that states "gay-friendly" also mean "lesbian-friendly" or "lesbian-popular"? If accommodations are advertised as "gay/lesbian," will visiting women find themselves lone ladies in a gay male-dominated, clothing-optional compound? Will female travelers make the unfortunate discovery that accommodations are "lesbian-overly friendly" and find themselves the objects of unwanted interest? Call ahead to potential accommodations and ask about their percentage of lesbian guests. But don't allow such concerns to limit vacations to the same spots that have lured ladies for decades: a slew of off-radar sapphic spots await.
If you're looking for new places to vacation in the company of women, click here for a tour of our top-five offbeat lesbian destinations, starting with number 5 and counting down to our number 1 absolute favorite getaway for girls.
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 17 min 29 sec ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 19 min 44 sec ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 1 hour 21 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 1 hour 25 min ago
- Books Lambda Literary Awards: Leavitt, Bianchi, Winterson Nominated 1 hour 33 min ago
- Women 19 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Saskia de Brauw 1 hour 49 min ago
- Television Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower 1 hour 51 min ago