Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
BY Aefa Mulholland
July 20 2009 12:00 AM ET
4. Key West, Fla.
If you're in the mood for a wild week, schedule sojourns south for WomenFest ( WomenFest.com , September 8-13, 2009), when 3,000 women stream over 126 miles and 42 bridges down the Florida Keys to the southernmost point in the continental United States. The raucous WomenFest schedule brims with hot events from clothing-optional pool parties to competitive bull riding.
Best spot to meet the girls
During Womenfest you'll find women everywhere, but make it even easier by booking one of 38 rooms at luxurious Pearl's Rainbow, a women-only inn converted from a 19th-century cigar factory.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Student Defies Russia's Propaganda Ban With Hozier's 'Take Me to Church'
- MSNBC Shake-Up Means Big Role for Thomas Roberts