Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
BY Aefa Mulholland
July 20 2009 12:00 AM ET
4. Key West, Fla.
If you're in the mood for a wild week, schedule sojourns south for WomenFest ( WomenFest.com , September 8-13, 2009), when 3,000 women stream over 126 miles and 42 bridges down the Florida Keys to the southernmost point in the continental United States. The raucous WomenFest schedule brims with hot events from clothing-optional pool parties to competitive bull riding.
Best spot to meet the girls
During Womenfest you'll find women everywhere, but make it even easier by booking one of 38 rooms at luxurious Pearl's Rainbow, a women-only inn converted from a 19th-century cigar factory.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 8 min 21 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 9 min 52 sec ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational LGBT Families Stranded 21 min 14 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Opens to Same-Sex Couples 36 min 27 sec ago
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 50 min 20 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 53 min ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 1 hour 4 min ago