Different for Girls: Top 5 Lesbian Meccas
BY Aefa Mulholland
July 20 2009 12:00 AM ET
4. Key West, Fla.
If you're in the mood for a wild week, schedule sojourns south for WomenFest ( WomenFest.com , September 8-13, 2009), when 3,000 women stream over 126 miles and 42 bridges down the Florida Keys to the southernmost point in the continental United States. The raucous WomenFest schedule brims with hot events from clothing-optional pool parties to competitive bull riding.
Best spot to meet the girls
During Womenfest you'll find women everywhere, but make it even easier by booking one of 38 rooms at luxurious Pearl's Rainbow, a women-only inn converted from a 19th-century cigar factory.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'