Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Amid the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville offers art deco architecture to rival South Beach’s, a thriving music and gallery scene, gourmet dining, and a plethora of gay nightlife options—among them Scandals, a multifloor nightclub in a former YWCA building, making for a new twist on the old anthem. You can also visit author Thomas Wolfe’s boyhood home and his grave (he did go home again), the Vanderbilt family’s breathtaking Biltmore estate, and gorgeous Chimney Rock State Park, where an equally gorgeous, buckskin-clad Daniel Day-Lewis cavorted for the cameras in The Last of the Mohicans.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'