Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Amid the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville offers art deco architecture to rival South Beach’s, a thriving music and gallery scene, gourmet dining, and a plethora of gay nightlife options—among them Scandals, a multifloor nightclub in a former YWCA building, making for a new twist on the old anthem. You can also visit author Thomas Wolfe’s boyhood home and his grave (he did go home again), the Vanderbilt family’s breathtaking Biltmore estate, and gorgeous Chimney Rock State Park, where an equally gorgeous, buckskin-clad Daniel Day-Lewis cavorted for the cameras in The Last of the Mohicans.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman