Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
Amid the natural beauty of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Asheville offers art deco architecture to rival South Beach’s, a thriving music and gallery scene, gourmet dining, and a plethora of gay nightlife options—among them Scandals, a multifloor nightclub in a former YWCA building, making for a new twist on the old anthem. You can also visit author Thomas Wolfe’s boyhood home and his grave (he did go home again), the Vanderbilt family’s breathtaking Biltmore estate, and gorgeous Chimney Rock State Park, where an equally gorgeous, buckskin-clad Daniel Day-Lewis cavorted for the cameras in The Last of the Mohicans.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- 14 Sexy Gifts for Your Slutty Friends
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'