Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
The architecture (let's call the homes Modern Victorian), the food (hello-o-o, Voodoo Doughnuts' Captain My Captain), the weather (a reason to dust off your wellies), the hiking (you'll be navigating by mountain in no time), and the relaxed vibe make Portland a great place to spend a weekend. This town is great for picking up an unknown microbrew, buying some handmade marionberry jam at the Saturday Market, getting lost in Powell's Books, taking a boat ride on the Willamette River, or strolling around the Pearl District or Burnside in your skinny jeans. Feel free to bring Fido — whether you have a pug or a German shepherd, pooches rule the city of Portland.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun