Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
The architecture (let's call the homes Modern Victorian), the food (hello-o-o, Voodoo Doughnuts' Captain My Captain), the weather (a reason to dust off your wellies), the hiking (you'll be navigating by mountain in no time), and the relaxed vibe make Portland a great place to spend a weekend. This town is great for picking up an unknown microbrew, buying some handmade marionberry jam at the Saturday Market, getting lost in Powell's Books, taking a boat ride on the Willamette River, or strolling around the Pearl District or Burnside in your skinny jeans. Feel free to bring Fido — whether you have a pug or a German shepherd, pooches rule the city of Portland.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- George Takei Hosts My Husband's Not Straight — The Perfect Follow-Up to TLC's 'Not Gay' Reality Show
- Madonna's 12 Studio Albums Ranked
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar