Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
The architecture (let's call the homes Modern Victorian), the food (hello-o-o, Voodoo Doughnuts' Captain My Captain), the weather (a reason to dust off your wellies), the hiking (you'll be navigating by mountain in no time), and the relaxed vibe make Portland a great place to spend a weekend. This town is great for picking up an unknown microbrew, buying some handmade marionberry jam at the Saturday Market, getting lost in Powell's Books, taking a boat ride on the Willamette River, or strolling around the Pearl District or Burnside in your skinny jeans. Feel free to bring Fido — whether you have a pug or a German shepherd, pooches rule the city of Portland.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- WATCH: Gays Want Everyone to Join Them in Hell, Says Colo. GOP Candidate