Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
The architecture (let's call the homes Modern Victorian), the food (hello-o-o, Voodoo Doughnuts' Captain My Captain), the weather (a reason to dust off your wellies), the hiking (you'll be navigating by mountain in no time), and the relaxed vibe make Portland a great place to spend a weekend. This town is great for picking up an unknown microbrew, buying some handmade marionberry jam at the Saturday Market, getting lost in Powell's Books, taking a boat ride on the Willamette River, or strolling around the Pearl District or Burnside in your skinny jeans. Feel free to bring Fido — whether you have a pug or a German shepherd, pooches rule the city of Portland.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media