Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
This progressive university town can claim the nation’s fifth-largest per capita population of same-sex couples and the oldest student-sponsored drag competition, plus the Kinsey Institute, which offers free tours year-round and this autumn hosts the art exhibit “Nature & Nurture,” dealing with all aspects of human reproduction, including the development of gender identity. Bloomington’s numerous funky cafés, wealth of cultural and entertainment offerings (David Sedaris and local resident John Mellencamp are among those scheduled to appear at Indiana University in October), and inclusive vibe make it a great place to enjoy fall colors in the Midwest, no matter where you fall on the Kinsey scale.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM