Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
This progressive university town can claim the nation’s fifth-largest per capita population of same-sex couples and the oldest student-sponsored drag competition, plus the Kinsey Institute, which offers free tours year-round and this autumn hosts the art exhibit “Nature & Nurture,” dealing with all aspects of human reproduction, including the development of gender identity. Bloomington’s numerous funky cafés, wealth of cultural and entertainment offerings (David Sedaris and local resident John Mellencamp are among those scheduled to appear at Indiana University in October), and inclusive vibe make it a great place to enjoy fall colors in the Midwest, no matter where you fall on the Kinsey scale.
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment