Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
The Outer Banks, N.C.
It's like a marriage between the character of coastal towns of New England with the charm and flavor of the South. The Outer Banks is a great place for anyone to go, but the minds behind The Gay OBX are attempting to play up the campy fun of this seaside town. The height of the travel season is clearly during the warmer months when beaches are filled with people, but that just may be the allure of hitting a beach town in October — no crowds on Coquina Beach, which acts as "Gay Beach" each Sunday from May to September.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia