Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 2:40 AM ET
The Outer Banks, N.C.
It's like a marriage between the character of coastal towns of New England with the charm and flavor of the South. The Outer Banks is a great place for anyone to go, but the minds behind The Gay OBX are attempting to play up the campy fun of this seaside town. The height of the travel season is clearly during the warmer months when beaches are filled with people, but that just may be the allure of hitting a beach town in October — no crowds on Coquina Beach, which acts as "Gay Beach" each Sunday from May to September.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- PHOTOS: Cyndi Lauper and Friends Work to Bring LGBT Homeless Youth Home for the Holidays
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM