Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
It’s a stark reminder of just how behind the U.S. is vis-à-vis the world on gay rights: In March a marriage equality law went into effect in Mexico City — one upheld by the nation’s supreme court, which also ruled that marriages performed in the capital must be recognized nationwide. Indeed, Mexico City’s gay scene, most notably in the Zona Rosa, is as vibrant as it is unapologetic: Chances are you’ll count more gay couples holding hands than on a similar jaunt through the Castro. The nearby St. Regis provides an ideal home base for excursions through the city, from clubbing at Lipstick to touring the famed residence of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers