Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
It’s a stark reminder of just how behind the U.S. is vis-à-vis the world on gay rights: In March a marriage equality law went into effect in Mexico City — one upheld by the nation’s supreme court, which also ruled that marriages performed in the capital must be recognized nationwide. Indeed, Mexico City’s gay scene, most notably in the Zona Rosa, is as vibrant as it is unapologetic: Chances are you’ll count more gay couples holding hands than on a similar jaunt through the Castro. The nearby St. Regis provides an ideal home base for excursions through the city, from clubbing at Lipstick to touring the famed residence of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers