Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
a stark reminder of just how behind the U.S. is vis-à-vis the world on
gay rights: In March a marriage equality law went into effect in Mexico
City — one upheld by the nation’s supreme court, which also ruled that
marriages performed in the capital must be recognized nationwide.
Indeed, Mexico City’s gay scene, most notably in the Zona Rosa, is as
vibrant as it is unapologetic: Chances are you’ll count more gay couples
holding hands than on a similar jaunt through the Castro. The nearby
St. Regis provides an ideal home base for excursions through the city,
from clubbing at Lipstick to touring the famed residence of Diego Rivera
and Frida Kahlo.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Love Is Love Continues Capturing Happy Couples
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'