Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Santa Fe, N.M.
A bustling arts and literary town that has grown to become one of the Southwest's most frequented tourism destinations, Santa Fe has a little bit of everything for everyone. If the arts are your thing, the Santa Fe Opera is one of the finest in the country, while the region has been home to some of country's most respected writers, painters, and other creative types (Cormac McCarthy, Georgia O'Keeffe, and D.H. Lawrence are just a few of the people who honed their craft in Santa Fe). Spas are also in abundance in this region. For the upscale traveler, the La Posada de Santa Fe Resort and El Dorado have all the luxuries you could possibly want. The Encantado Hotel offers a more traditional taste of Santa Fe. And while there are nightlife options, many of the gay hotspots in Santa Fe are geared toward those in search of a romantic getaway. The Rouge Cat is a gay-owned and -operated bar and club, while the historic El Farol offers Spanish tapas and live music.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 39 min 41 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM