Fall Gay Getaways
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2010 3:40 AM ET
Santa Fe, N.M.
A bustling arts and literary town that has grown to become one of the Southwest's most frequented tourism destinations, Santa Fe has a little bit of everything for everyone. If the arts are your thing, the Santa Fe Opera is one of the finest in the country, while the region has been home to some of country's most respected writers, painters, and other creative types (Cormac McCarthy, Georgia O'Keeffe, and D.H. Lawrence are just a few of the people who honed their craft in Santa Fe). Spas are also in abundance in this region. For the upscale traveler, the La Posada de Santa Fe Resort and El Dorado have all the luxuries you could possibly want. The Encantado Hotel offers a more traditional taste of Santa Fe. And while there are nightlife options, many of the gay hotspots in Santa Fe are geared toward those in search of a romantic getaway. The Rouge Cat is a gay-owned and -operated bar and club, while the historic El Farol offers Spanish tapas and live music.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality