Top 20 Gay Travel Destinations of 2013
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 7:00 AM ET
As Roman sage Seneca once said, "Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." According to the LGBT market specialist Out Now, our minds must full of vigor. After reportedly conducting the largest ever research study on LGBT travelers, the group reports that we will spend approximately $165 billion on travel in 2012 and even more next year. Furthermore, LGBT dollars are going to some traditionally beloved cities like San Francisco and Miami as well as less typical destinations such as Cape Town and Tokyo.
The following are the top 20 most coveted travel cities among LGBT tourists, according to the Out Now survey.
Tell us: What stamp do you want on your passport?
19. Cape Town (Related: Sizing Up South Africa | Clifton Third is listed as one of the world's best gay beaches)
18. Rome (Related: Three Gay Days in Rome)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality