Top 20 Gay Travel Destinations of 2013
BY Michelle Garcia
September 11 2012 6:00 AM ET
As Roman sage Seneca once said, "Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." According to the LGBT market specialist Out Now, our minds must full of vigor. After reportedly conducting the largest ever research study on LGBT travelers, the group reports that we will spend approximately $165 billion on travel in 2012 and even more next year. Furthermore, LGBT dollars are going to some traditionally beloved cities like San Francisco and Miami as well as less typical destinations such as Cape Town and Tokyo.
The following are the top 20 most coveted travel cities among LGBT tourists, according to the Out Now survey.
Tell us: What stamp do you want on your passport?
19. Cape Town (Related: Sizing Up South Africa | Clifton Third is listed as one of the world's best gay beaches)
18. Rome (Related: Three Gay Days in Rome)
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: How a Symbol Changed Hearts and Minds
- The Daily Show's Gaywatch, Feat. Ian McKellen, Rick Santorum, and Cardinal Dolan
- Virginia Bars Married Same-Sex Couples From Filing Taxes Jointly
- Entertainment News Knockout Game: Don Lemon Manhandled By Black Belt Rabbi on CNN 26 min 53 sec ago
- Travel An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow 46 min 22 sec ago
- Parenting Israel Set to Grant Gay Men Adoption Tax Benefits 58 min 20 sec ago
- Sports Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team 59 min 51 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Trans Game Designer Is Bringing Diversity to Digital Realm 7:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Creator of Red Equal Sign on Why It Mattered 6:05 AM
- Daily Dose You Think You’re Worried? 5:00 AM