The Year of London
BY Matthew Breen
May 18 2012 8:00 AM ET
Wolfgang Puck’s first European restaurant is Cut London, above.
FOOD AND DRINK
Walking distance from Seven Dials is the Lobby Bar at One Aldwych Hotel (OneAldwych.com), one of the most glamorous places in London to enjoy a pre-dinner (or post-, or midday) cocktail. The seasonally rotating menu is imaginative, and tasteful. While it’s tough to go wrong with a traditional Manhattan, it would be foolish to pass up the True Unique, a cocktail of whiskey, port, and an apple and ginger reduction, the work of a passionate mixologist. Indigo, the restaurant that overlooks the Lobby Bar, is relaxed and informal, serving a modern European menu emphasizing organic produce. From its second-floor windows one can see the front steps of the Lyceum Theatre, where The Lion King is now being performed, making Indigo a great spot for dining before or after the theater. From there it’s a short walk to the Waterloo Bridge over the Thames.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers