The Year of London
BY Matthew Breen
May 18 2012 7:00 AM ET
The new extension at the Tate Modern, above.
Visitors have dozens of art options, including the British Museum (BritishMuseum.org), Tate Modern and Tate Britain (Tate.org.uk), and the National Portrait Gallery (NPG.org.uk), all of which have large free exhibitions and special ones that require a ticket purchase. The Royal Academy of Arts (RoyalAcademy.org.uk) in Piccadilly isn’t free but has rotating exhibits of modern and classical works.
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 14 min 25 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 1 hour 13 min ago
- Crime WATCH: Gay Couple Attacked in NYC on 10th Anniversary 1 hour 20 min ago
- Theater Late Gay TV Star's Play Eyes Broadway 2 hours 3 min ago
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 2 hours 3 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 hours 6 min ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 11:39 AM