The Year of London
BY Matthew Breen
May 18 2012 8:00 AM ET
The new extension at the Tate Modern, above.
Visitors have dozens of art options, including the British Museum (BritishMuseum.org), Tate Modern and Tate Britain (Tate.org.uk), and the National Portrait Gallery (NPG.org.uk), all of which have large free exhibitions and special ones that require a ticket purchase. The Royal Academy of Arts (RoyalAcademy.org.uk) in Piccadilly isn’t free but has rotating exhibits of modern and classical works.
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP