The Year of London
BY Matthew Breen
May 18 2012 8:00 AM ET
The new extension at the Tate Modern, above.
Visitors have dozens of art options, including the British Museum (BritishMuseum.org), Tate Modern and Tate Britain (Tate.org.uk), and the National Portrait Gallery (NPG.org.uk), all of which have large free exhibitions and special ones that require a ticket purchase. The Royal Academy of Arts (RoyalAcademy.org.uk) in Piccadilly isn’t free but has rotating exhibits of modern and classical works.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- PHOTOS: Vancouver Shares the Spirit