Michelle Obama Gets Picked Up By Wrestler
BY Michelle Garcia
July 31 2012 11:58 AM ET
UPDATE: The Washington Blade, which first reported that wrestler Elena Pirozhkov is a lesbian, now says she is not. The Advocate regrets the error.
On a trip to London supporting the U.S. Olympic team, First Lady Michelle Obama made a new friend in lesbian wrestler Elena Sergey Pirozhkov.
During a "Let's Move! London" event heralding athleticism and the Olympic games, Olympic wrestler Pirozhkova playfully picked up Obama at the U.S. Olympic Training Facility at the University of East London on Friday.
Pirozhkov, who is out according to the Washington Blade, will compete in the 63kg/139lb freestyle wrestling tournament on August 8.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality