Michelle Obama Gets Picked Up By Wrestler
BY Michelle Garcia
July 31 2012 11:58 AM ET
UPDATE: The Washington Blade, which first reported that wrestler Elena Pirozhkov is a lesbian, now says she is not. The Advocate regrets the error.
On a trip to London supporting the U.S. Olympic team, First Lady Michelle Obama made a new friend in lesbian wrestler Elena Sergey Pirozhkov.
During a "Let's Move! London" event heralding athleticism and the Olympic games, Olympic wrestler Pirozhkova playfully picked up Obama at the U.S. Olympic Training Facility at the University of East London on Friday.
Pirozhkov, who is out according to the Washington Blade, will compete in the 63kg/139lb freestyle wrestling tournament on August 8.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM