Gay Riders Medal Over Romney's Horse on Team USA
BY Michelle Garcia
August 08 2012 12:40 PM ET
Great Britain's dressage team, which includes out equestrian rider Carl Hester won gold on Tuesday, while Team USA, featuring Jan Ebeling riding Ann Romney's horse Rafalca, placed sixth. Tuesday's win earned Hester, 45, his first Olympic medal.
The German team won the silver medal and the Dutch team, featuring out rider Edward Gal, took the bronze.
Romney, wife of presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney, said she was not disappointed that Ebeling and Rafalca would not advance to the individual round.
“It was wonderful,” she told CBS Sports. Rafalca, she said, “was elegant and consistent again. We just love her.”
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 1 hour 42 min ago
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 2 hours 12 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM