Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
The torch flame is extinguished, and London enters a post-Olympics hangover of sorts. But during the games, at least 23 out athletes and coaches competed this year, with 10 individuals earning medals in their respective sports. As Cyd Zeigler points out, Team LGBT won as many medals as Mexico, Ethiopia, and Georgia, and won more than such countries as Argentina and Jamaica. The official medal count for Team LGBT is four gold, one silver, and two bronze, including a few team efforts.
This how it all shook out (with names of LGBT athletes in bold):
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory