Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
The torch flame is extinguished, and London enters a post-Olympics hangover of sorts. But during the games, at least 23 out athletes and coaches competed this year, with 10 individuals earning medals in their respective sports. As Cyd Zeigler points out, Team LGBT won as many medals as Mexico, Ethiopia, and Georgia, and won more than such countries as Argentina and Jamaica. The official medal count for Team LGBT is four gold, one silver, and two bronze, including a few team efforts.
This how it all shook out (with names of LGBT athletes in bold):
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?