Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 1:06 PM ET
The torch flame is extinguished, and London enters a post-Olympics hangover of sorts. But during the games, at least 23 out athletes and coaches competed this year, with 10 individuals earning medals in their respective sports. As Cyd Zeigler points out, Team LGBT won as many medals as Mexico, Ethiopia, and Georgia, and won more than such countries as Argentina and Jamaica. The official medal count for Team LGBT is four gold, one silver, and two bronze, including a few team efforts.
This how it all shook out (with names of LGBT athletes in bold):
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 1 hour 22 min ago
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 1 hour 31 min ago
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 2 hours 14 min ago
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC 3:49 PM