Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
German cyclist Judith Arndt was the first out lesbian to win a medal in this, her fifth Olympic games since 1996, when she won a silver medal for the individual time trial. Arndt's German team member Ina Teutenberg was edged out by .25 seconds to place fourth in the women's road race. Together in the women's team pursuit (above, led by Arndt), Germany placed eighth.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Right-Wingers Claim Gay Republicans Are 'Wrong,' 'Terrible Role Models'