Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
German cyclist Judith Arndt was the first out lesbian to win a medal in this, her fifth Olympic games since 1996, when she won a silver medal for the individual time trial. Arndt's German team member Ina Teutenberg was edged out by .25 seconds to place fourth in the women's road race. Together in the women's team pursuit (above, led by Arndt), Germany placed eighth.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Hot Sheet: Openly Serving, Openly Loving
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs