Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
German cyclist Judith Arndt was the first out lesbian to win a medal in this, her fifth Olympic games since 1996, when she won a silver medal for the individual time trial. Arndt's German team member Ina Teutenberg was edged out by .25 seconds to place fourth in the women's road race. Together in the women's team pursuit (above, led by Arndt), Germany placed eighth.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'