Team LGBT: The Medal Count
BY Michelle Garcia
August 13 2012 2:06 PM ET
German cyclist Judith Arndt was the first out lesbian to win a medal in this, her fifth Olympic games since 1996, when she won a silver medal for the individual time trial. Arndt's German team member Ina Teutenberg was edged out by .25 seconds to place fourth in the women's road race. Together in the women's team pursuit (above, led by Arndt), Germany placed eighth.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality