WATCH: Pat Sajak Asks Gay Contestant About His Female Fiancé
BY Jase Peeples
June 28 2014 11:47 AM ET
Pat Sajak assumed too much while talking with a contestant on a recent episode of Wheel of Fortune, reports Deadspin.
While chatting with contestant T.K. Klotz during introductions, Sajak noted Klotz was engaged and said, "Some woman has agreed to marry you."
The moment took a turn for the awkward when Klutz corrected Sajak by saying, “Some gentleman.”
While Sajack quickly tried to backpedal by joking that he was “wrong again” and had a “fifty-fifty shot” at getting it right, the moment serves as a reminder of the conservative lens through which the right-wing extremist Sajack views the world.
The game show host has ruffled feathers several times over the past year with his conservative rants on Twitter, which have included calling people who believe in global warming “unpatriotic racists” and making a joke of LGBT rights.
Though he's been pleasant to gay Wheel contestants on camera in the past, Sajack invited a wave of backlash in April after mocking the courage of LGBT people who have come out of the closet by tweeting, “Damn the career consequences! I'm hereby proclaiming my heterosexuality!”
Watch the video clip below to see that Sajack is far from finished with placing his foot firmly in his mouth.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out