Ladies, Are You Ready for Michfest?
BY Clea Kim
April 10 2013 4:00 AM ET
For women who plan to bring children, there is a child care available in three different areas. Sprouts Family Campground provides a day camp as well as a family campground for moms and young children through 4 years old. The Gaia Girls Camp offers activities and supervision through the evening for girls 5 and older, and the Brother Sun Boys Camp runs from 8 a.m. to midnight with crafts, cookouts, music, sports, and other activities for boys aged 5 through 10. No boys older than 10 are allowed at the festival.
Some women, like musician like Toshi Reagon (above), are part of a multigenerational festival heritage. Reagon's mother, Bernice Johnson Reagon, has performed at Michfest with her group Sweet Honey in the Rock. Now Toshi Reagon, who is the goddaughter of folksinger Pete Seeger and got her big break opening for Lenny Kravitz, has a daughter of her own with her partner, J. Bob Alotta, executive director of the Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'