Not Your Mother's Mother's Day Cards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 06 2013 4:00 AM ET
"Chosen family has been a crucial aspect of my existence and survival as a queer person of color in this world. My chosen family has been there for me during times in which I couldn't go to my birth mother or 'biological' family. I also wanted to celebrate Sylvia Rivera's role as a mother to many struggling queers and trans* folks back when she was alive. Her work is still very relevant today and the legacy she left behind remains alive through the lives she has touched. I really wanted to celebrate this in my card." — Chucha Marquez
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'
- Antigay Kentucky Clerk Makes Emergency Appeal to Supreme Court
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation