2012's Best Quote on Gay Marriage
BY Michelle Garcia
December 24 2012 2:35 PM ET
A clever line from the 9th Circuit Court's decision to invalidate Proposition 8 was named one of the top legal quotes of 2012 by the editors of the National Law Journal.
"Had Marilyn Monroe's film been called How to Register a Domestic Partnership with a Millionaire, it would not have conveyed the same meaning," the decision read.
The case in question, Perry v. Hollingsworth, challenging the constitutionality of California's voter-approved ban on marriage equality, will soon be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tags: 2012 In Review
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer