2012's Best Quote on Gay Marriage
BY Michelle Garcia
December 24 2012 2:35 PM ET
A clever line from the 9th Circuit Court's decision to invalidate Proposition 8 was named one of the top legal quotes of 2012 by the editors of the National Law Journal.
"Had Marilyn Monroe's film been called How to Register a Domestic Partnership with a Millionaire, it would not have conveyed the same meaning," the decision read.
The case in question, Perry v. Hollingsworth, challenging the constitutionality of California's voter-approved ban on marriage equality, will soon be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tags: 2012 In Review
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks