2012's Best Quote on Gay Marriage
BY Michelle Garcia
December 24 2012 2:35 PM ET
A clever line from the 9th Circuit Court's decision to invalidate Proposition 8 was named one of the top legal quotes of 2012 by the editors of the National Law Journal.
"Had Marilyn Monroe's film been called How to Register a Domestic Partnership with a Millionaire, it would not have conveyed the same meaning," the decision read.
The case in question, Perry v. Hollingsworth, challenging the constitutionality of California's voter-approved ban on marriage equality, will soon be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
Tags: 2012 In Review
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban
- Fergie: Labels and Love
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- WATCH: YouTuber R.J. Aguiar Releases 'Ask a Bi Guy'