Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 4:00 AM ET
8. Ellen Beats Out One Million Moms to Keep Her Job at JCP
When department store chain JCPenney announced that Ellen DeGeneres was its new spokeswoman, the ultraconservative group One Million Moms called for a boycott and demanded that DeGeneres be fired because of her lesbianism. JCP stood up for her and kept DeGeneres on the payroll.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?