Top 10 News Stories of 2012
BY Sunnivie Brydum
December 26 2012 5:00 AM ET
8. Ellen Beats Out One Million Moms to Keep Her Job at JCP
When department store chain JCPenney announced that Ellen DeGeneres was its new spokeswoman, the ultraconservative group One Million Moms called for a boycott and demanded that DeGeneres be fired because of her lesbianism. JCP stood up for her and kept DeGeneres on the payroll.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'