Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
BY Michelle Garcia
December 20 2013 11:13 AM ET
Fabulous: The Many Gay Anchors of MSNBC
Steve Kornacki became the third openly gay host or anchor at MSNBC, joining Thomas Roberts and Rachel Maddow. The progressive-leaning news network added Kornacki with the weekend roundtable show Up.
Fail: Alec Baldwin
The success of Alec Baldwin's podcast, Here's the Thing, was an indicator of how great his MSNBC show Up Late could have been. But after just a couple of episodes aired, Baldwin was caught in an egregious spat with a photographer, calling him a "cocksucking little fag." Baldwin was immediately suspended, and he subsequently stepped down from MSNBC.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- PHOTOS: Supreme Court Protest