Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
BY Michelle Garcia
December 20 2013 11:13 AM ET
Fabulous: The Many Gay Anchors of MSNBC
Steve Kornacki became the third openly gay host or anchor at MSNBC, joining Thomas Roberts and Rachel Maddow. The progressive-leaning news network added Kornacki with the weekend roundtable show Up.
Fail: Alec Baldwin
The success of Alec Baldwin's podcast, Here's the Thing, was an indicator of how great his MSNBC show Up Late could have been. But after just a couple of episodes aired, Baldwin was caught in an egregious spat with a photographer, calling him a "cocksucking little fag." Baldwin was immediately suspended, and he subsequently stepped down from MSNBC.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Is CNN Coverage of Virginia Gunman Homophobic?