Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
BY Michelle Garcia
December 20 2013 11:13 AM ET
Fabulous: The Many Gay Anchors of MSNBC
Steve Kornacki became the third openly gay host or anchor at MSNBC, joining Thomas Roberts and Rachel Maddow. The progressive-leaning news network added Kornacki with the weekend roundtable show Up.
Fail: Alec Baldwin
The success of Alec Baldwin's podcast, Here's the Thing, was an indicator of how great his MSNBC show Up Late could have been. But after just a couple of episodes aired, Baldwin was caught in an egregious spat with a photographer, calling him a "cocksucking little fag." Baldwin was immediately suspended, and he subsequently stepped down from MSNBC.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- PHOTOS: The Mud, Sweat, and Glory of the Bingham Cup
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About