Fab or Fail? 2013's Cultural Ups and Downs
BY Michelle Garcia
December 20 2013 11:13 AM ET
Fabulous: The Many Gay Anchors of MSNBC
Steve Kornacki became the third openly gay host or anchor at MSNBC, joining Thomas Roberts and Rachel Maddow. The progressive-leaning news network added Kornacki with the weekend roundtable show Up.
Fail: Alec Baldwin
The success of Alec Baldwin's podcast, Here's the Thing, was an indicator of how great his MSNBC show Up Late could have been. But after just a couple of episodes aired, Baldwin was caught in an egregious spat with a photographer, calling him a "cocksucking little fag." Baldwin was immediately suspended, and he subsequently stepped down from MSNBC.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children