The 6 Best Parents of 2013
BY Alex J Davidson
December 23 2013 4:00 AM ET
Father From Oregon Killed on Walk Memorializing Gay Son
Joe Bell, the father of Jadin Bell, who committed suicide after being bullied at school and online for being gay. Joe Bell embarked on a Walk for Change across the country but was killed by a semi-truck in Cheyenne County, Colo., along U.S. Highway 40. Joe Bell had intended to walk from La Grande, Ore., to New York City, where his son had hoped to go for college.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Michigan AG Asks Supreme Court To Skip Ruling on Marriage Equality
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Holding Out for a Gay Hero