The 6 Best Parents of 2013
BY Alex J Davidson
December 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Father From Oregon Killed on Walk Memorializing Gay Son
Joe Bell, the father of Jadin Bell, who committed suicide after being bullied at school and online for being gay. Joe Bell embarked on a Walk for Change across the country but was killed by a semi-truck in Cheyenne County, Colo., along U.S. Highway 40. Joe Bell had intended to walk from La Grande, Ore., to New York City, where his son had hoped to go for college.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- Who Influences Our Influential 40 Under 40?
- With Kimberley McLeod, LGBT Women of Color Make Their Own Spotlight