Five of the Best LGBT Graphic Novels of 2013
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
December 27 2013 6:09 AM ET
Julio’s Day, Gilbert Hernandez (Fantagraphics): Julio’s Day compresses 100 years into 100 pages and follows Julio’s life from birth to death. A remarkable literary work that demonstrates how universal some experiences are (and the global reach of events like war and economic depression), Julio’s Day is the story of how dramatically life has changed for gay men between 1900 and 2000.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'