Five of the Best LGBT Graphic Novels of 2013
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
December 27 2013 6:09 AM ET
Julio’s Day, Gilbert Hernandez (Fantagraphics): Julio’s Day compresses 100 years into 100 pages and follows Julio’s life from birth to death. A remarkable literary work that demonstrates how universal some experiences are (and the global reach of events like war and economic depression), Julio’s Day is the story of how dramatically life has changed for gay men between 1900 and 2000.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'