Meet the 2012 Point Scholars
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2012 9:43 AM ET
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Zoe Reidinger is from Brevard, N.C. and pursuing a PhD in biomedical engineering at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. She has participated in LGBT activism since her freshman year of college at Virginia Commonwealth University, where she was the only undergraduate to be elected as the co‐chair of the non‐discrimination policy committee. This committee worked on the inclusion of gender identity and expression in the university’s non‐discrimination policy. She also served as treasurer for Queer Action, VCU’s LGBT political and social activist organization. Reidinger also planned and executed the first, second, and third drag ball to benefit the Fan Free Clinic, specializing in treating patients with HIV/AIDS. After graduation, Reidinger hopes to use her career in tissue engineering to help improve gender-reassignment surgeries, as well as to teach on the collegiate level.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- BREAKING: This Year's Michigan Womyn's Music Festival Will Be the Last
- Arkansas At War With Itself Over LGBT Rights
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps