Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 5:00 AM ET
"LGBT youth need us now more than ever. The more visibility we have in the world, the more LGBT youth are going to come out and be in possible vulnerable situations. As adults, we must not forget those that are coming after us; we must take care of our own."
Jake Shears is a singer and songwriter for Scissor Sisters. He has written, performed, and recorded with artists including Mark Ronson, Cher, Paul Williams, and Kylie Minogue. He can currently be heard singing on the new Queens of the Stone Age album ...Like Clockwork. He lives in Los Angeles with his husband and dog Toby and occasionally DJ's under the name Krystal Pepsi.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 2 hours 58 min ago
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination December 07 2013 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer December 07 2013 4:00 AM