Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 6:00 AM ET
"LGBT youth need us now more than ever. The more visibility we have in the world, the more LGBT youth are going to come out and be in possible vulnerable situations. As adults, we must not forget those that are coming after us; we must take care of our own."
Jake Shears is a singer and songwriter for Scissor Sisters. He has written, performed, and recorded with artists including Mark Ronson, Cher, Paul Williams, and Kylie Minogue. He can currently be heard singing on the new Queens of the Stone Age album ...Like Clockwork. He lives in Los Angeles with his husband and dog Toby and occasionally DJ's under the name Krystal Pepsi.
- WATCH: Michael Sam Responds Graciously To Tony Dungy's Homophobia
- Op-ed: Accepting My Partner's Gender Transformation
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Eviscerates Tony Dungy for Michael Sam Remarks
- PHOTOS: Charlie's Gay Angel
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Giants Stand by New Antigay Executive, Super Bowl Champ David Tyree