Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 6:00 AM ET
"LGBT youth need us now more than ever. The more visibility we have in the world, the more LGBT youth are going to come out and be in possible vulnerable situations. As adults, we must not forget those that are coming after us; we must take care of our own."
Jake Shears is a singer and songwriter for Scissor Sisters. He has written, performed, and recorded with artists including Mark Ronson, Cher, Paul Williams, and Kylie Minogue. He can currently be heard singing on the new Queens of the Stone Age album ...Like Clockwork. He lives in Los Angeles with his husband and dog Toby and occasionally DJ's under the name Krystal Pepsi.
- Travel First Same-Sex Couple to Wed at Roman Baths 1 min 14 sec ago
- Politics S.C. House Approves Budget Cuts to Colleges With LGBT Curricula 11 min 5 sec ago
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 37 min 35 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 44 min 50 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 51 min 34 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 56 min 35 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 48 min ago