'Evening Under The Stars' Raises Millions for L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
BY Lucas Grindley
October 21 2013 3:17 PM ET
The party brought out a roster of LGBT stars to help combat homelessness, with several sharing personal testimonials from stage. From left: screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, writer and producer Dan Bucatinsky, L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center CEO Lorri Jean, and actress Jane Lynch.
Lisa Vanderpump of the Real Housewives and David Furnish pose for cameras. Furnish told the audience that he and his partner, Elton John, are concerned about the link between HIV infection rates and LGBT homelessness and are annual donors to the center. "A time will come when we won't need centers like this anymore," he said, but he said that time hasn't come.
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama