Josh Hutcherson Speaks Against Homophobia At L.A. High School
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 08 2012 5:56 PM ET
Josh Hutcherson, star of The Hunger Games, took a break from his promotional duties to speak with the Gay Straight Alliance at a Los Angeles high school, reports Celebuzz.
The 19-year-old actor, who plays Peeta in the highly anticipated movie franchise, is reported to have made a surprise appearance at a high school in South Central Los Angeles. Hutcherson, who is closely associated the the anitbullying organization Straight But Not Narrow, spoke with the Gay Straight Alliance about the importance of straight allies for gay youth.
In 2010, Hutcherson played the son of lesbian couple Annette Bening and Julianne Moore in The Kids Are All Right. In 2011 he filmed a PSA for Straight But Not Narrow and last month filmed a video along with SBNN leader Avan Jogia meeting with Gay Straight Alliance leaders. For more information on the SBNN, go here. For more information on the GSA Network, go here.
Watch the video of Hutcherson and Jogia below.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts New Anthem Supporting LGBT Russians
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex December 12 2013 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study December 12 2013 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians December 12 2013 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson December 12 2013 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! December 12 2013 4:20 PM