Josh Hutcherson Speaks Against Homophobia At L.A. High School
BY Jeremy Kinser
March 08 2012 6:56 PM ET
Josh Hutcherson, star of The Hunger Games, took a break from his promotional duties to speak with the Gay Straight Alliance at a Los Angeles high school, reports Celebuzz.
The 19-year-old actor, who plays Peeta in the highly anticipated movie franchise, is reported to have made a surprise appearance at a high school in South Central Los Angeles. Hutcherson, who is closely associated the the anitbullying organization Straight But Not Narrow, spoke with the Gay Straight Alliance about the importance of straight allies for gay youth.
In 2010, Hutcherson played the son of lesbian couple Annette Bening and Julianne Moore in The Kids Are All Right. In 2011 he filmed a PSA for Straight But Not Narrow and last month filmed a video along with SBNN leader Avan Jogia meeting with Gay Straight Alliance leaders. For more information on the SBNN, go here. For more information on the GSA Network, go here.
Watch the video of Hutcherson and Jogia below.
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana