Justin Bieber Lends Song to Bully TV Ads, Encourages Fans to See Film
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 10 2012 1:47 PM ET
Pop sensation Justin Bieber has allowed his song "Born to be Somebody" to be used in ads for the documentary Bully, saying he hopes his fans will see the film and help end bullying.
“My fans are always up for supporting a great cause. It’s one of the things I’m most proud of as an entertainer,” said Bieber. “I hope they see Bully with their friends and help start the conversation so we can end bullying.” The singer, who has previously been the victim of bullies himself, is just one of numerous celebrities including Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp, who have shown their support for the Lee Hirsch-directed documentary.
The film was released in Los Angeles and New York March 30 by The Weinstein Company, who famously fought a battle with the Motion Picture Association of America over its R rating. “We’re honored that Justin has decided to support this film and the movement that surrounds it,” says TWC President of Marketing Stephen Bruno in a statement. Bully will soon be released in cities throughout the country with a PG-13 rating.
Watch the trailer of Bully with Bieber's song below.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM