Justin Bieber Lends Song to Bully TV Ads, Encourages Fans to See Film
BY Jeremy Kinser
April 10 2012 1:47 PM ET
Pop sensation Justin Bieber has allowed his song "Born to be Somebody" to be used in ads for the documentary Bully, saying he hopes his fans will see the film and help end bullying.
“My fans are always up for supporting a great cause. It’s one of the things I’m most proud of as an entertainer,” said Bieber. “I hope they see Bully with their friends and help start the conversation so we can end bullying.” The singer, who has previously been the victim of bullies himself, is just one of numerous celebrities including Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp, who have shown their support for the Lee Hirsch-directed documentary.
The film was released in Los Angeles and New York March 30 by The Weinstein Company, who famously fought a battle with the Motion Picture Association of America over its R rating. “We’re honored that Justin has decided to support this film and the movement that surrounds it,” says TWC President of Marketing Stephen Bruno in a statement. Bully will soon be released in cities throughout the country with a PG-13 rating.
Watch the trailer of Bully with Bieber's song below.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 2 hours 18 min ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 2 hours 59 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM