WATCH: Uncle Poodle Speaks Out Against Bullying
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 12:05 PM ET
Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson, a breakout star of the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, posted a video for Spirit Day detailing the bullying he suffered as a youth for being gay and telling LGBT kids it’s OK to be who they are.
“I was bullied day in and day out in school,” suffering broken ribs and a dislocated jaw, Thompson says in the video for GLAAD. But he has a happy adult life, with a husband and a supportive family.
He was one of several celebrities participating in the Spirit Day antibullying observance Friday, including Ricky Martin, Reba McEntire, and representatives of all professional sports leagues. Watch Thompson’s video below, and find more at GLAAD.org.
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM