WATCH: Uncle Poodle Speaks Out Against Bullying
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 12:05 PM ET
Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson, a breakout star of the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, posted a video for Spirit Day detailing the bullying he suffered as a youth for being gay and telling LGBT kids it’s OK to be who they are.
“I was bullied day in and day out in school,” suffering broken ribs and a dislocated jaw, Thompson says in the video for GLAAD. But he has a happy adult life, with a husband and a supportive family.
He was one of several celebrities participating in the Spirit Day antibullying observance Friday, including Ricky Martin, Reba McEntire, and representatives of all professional sports leagues. Watch Thompson’s video below, and find more at GLAAD.org.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 48 min 54 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 2 hours 48 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM