WATCH: Uncle Poodle Speaks Out Against Bullying
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 1:05 PM ET
Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson, a breakout star of the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, posted a video for Spirit Day detailing the bullying he suffered as a youth for being gay and telling LGBT kids it’s OK to be who they are.
“I was bullied day in and day out in school,” suffering broken ribs and a dislocated jaw, Thompson says in the video for GLAAD. But he has a happy adult life, with a husband and a supportive family.
He was one of several celebrities participating in the Spirit Day antibullying observance Friday, including Ricky Martin, Reba McEntire, and representatives of all professional sports leagues. Watch Thompson’s video below, and find more at GLAAD.org.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'