WATCH: Uncle Poodle Speaks Out Against Bullying
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 12:05 PM ET
Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson, a breakout star of the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, posted a video for Spirit Day detailing the bullying he suffered as a youth for being gay and telling LGBT kids it’s OK to be who they are.
“I was bullied day in and day out in school,” suffering broken ribs and a dislocated jaw, Thompson says in the video for GLAAD. But he has a happy adult life, with a husband and a supportive family.
He was one of several celebrities participating in the Spirit Day antibullying observance Friday, including Ricky Martin, Reba McEntire, and representatives of all professional sports leagues. Watch Thompson’s video below, and find more at GLAAD.org.
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around The World 0 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 17 min 18 sec ago
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 1 hour 50 min ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 7:00 AM
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM