WATCH: Uncle Poodle Speaks Out Against Bullying
BY Trudy Ring
October 20 2012 1:05 PM ET
Lee “Uncle Poodle” Thompson, a breakout star of the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, posted a video for Spirit Day detailing the bullying he suffered as a youth for being gay and telling LGBT kids it’s OK to be who they are.
“I was bullied day in and day out in school,” suffering broken ribs and a dislocated jaw, Thompson says in the video for GLAAD. But he has a happy adult life, with a husband and a supportive family.
He was one of several celebrities participating in the Spirit Day antibullying observance Friday, including Ricky Martin, Reba McEntire, and representatives of all professional sports leagues. Watch Thompson’s video below, and find more at GLAAD.org.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality