Will You Take the #TalktoMe Pledge?
BY Jase Peeples
September 10 2013 2:10 PM ET
In recognition of World Suicide Prevention Day, observed today, and Suicide Prevention Month, the Trevor Project has launched Talk to Me, a new campaign that urges people around to world to let young people in their lives know they can open up and confide in them about issues that may be causing them to consider taking their own life.
A wide range of celebrities have answered the organization’s call to action and appear in the Trevor Project’s new video promoting the campaign, which asks supporters to take the #TalktoMe pledge and help prevent suicide.
Participants include Margaret Cho, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Kat Graham, Chris Kluwe, Davey Wavey, Philip DeFranco, Issa Rae, Lucas Cruikshank, Michael Buckley, Olga Kay, Timothy DeLaGhetto, Pentatonix, Hannah Hart, Chester See, and more.
To take the pledge and find out more information on how you can become a Trevor lifeguard, visit http://trevortalktome.org and spread the word using #TrevorTalktoMe.
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Sexy Santas Want You to 'Get Enrolled' in Obamacare
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 27 Awesome Gifts for Entertainment Buffs 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars December 19 2013 11:06 PM
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM