Will You Take the #TalktoMe Pledge?
BY Jase Peeples
September 10 2013 3:10 PM ET
In recognition of World Suicide Prevention Day, observed today, and Suicide Prevention Month, the Trevor Project has launched Talk to Me, a new campaign that urges people around to world to let young people in their lives know they can open up and confide in them about issues that may be causing them to consider taking their own life.
A wide range of celebrities have answered the organization’s call to action and appear in the Trevor Project’s new video promoting the campaign, which asks supporters to take the #TalktoMe pledge and help prevent suicide.
Participants include Margaret Cho, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Kat Graham, Chris Kluwe, Davey Wavey, Philip DeFranco, Issa Rae, Lucas Cruikshank, Michael Buckley, Olga Kay, Timothy DeLaGhetto, Pentatonix, Hannah Hart, Chester See, and more.
To take the pledge and find out more information on how you can become a Trevor lifeguard, visit http://trevortalktome.org and spread the word using #TrevorTalktoMe.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers