Will You Take the #TalktoMe Pledge?
BY Jase Peeples
September 10 2013 3:10 PM ET
In recognition of World Suicide Prevention Day, observed today, and Suicide Prevention Month, the Trevor Project has launched Talk to Me, a new campaign that urges people around to world to let young people in their lives know they can open up and confide in them about issues that may be causing them to consider taking their own life.
A wide range of celebrities have answered the organization’s call to action and appear in the Trevor Project’s new video promoting the campaign, which asks supporters to take the #TalktoMe pledge and help prevent suicide.
Participants include Margaret Cho, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Kat Graham, Chris Kluwe, Davey Wavey, Philip DeFranco, Issa Rae, Lucas Cruikshank, Michael Buckley, Olga Kay, Timothy DeLaGhetto, Pentatonix, Hannah Hart, Chester See, and more.
To take the pledge and find out more information on how you can become a Trevor lifeguard, visit http://trevortalktome.org and spread the word using #TrevorTalktoMe.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People