Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 4:00 AM ET
During an assembly honoring Martin Luther King Jr., whose theme was breaking the silence about things that matter, a high school senior comes out to her entire school. Kayla’s speech displays an inner strength that should be emulated by anyone who feels as if they can’t say what they feel.
A transgender teen who also has his own YouTube channel, TheRealAlexBertie, Alex shares his story about coming out as transgender to his mom. His delivery is funny, as are his other videos, and that accent only helps matters.
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- IOC Head Warns Athletes Against Protesting in Sochi
- Parenting Forum Shows Key Role of Parents in Winning Rights for Gays and Lesbians in China 0 sec ago
- Television Meet the New Queens of RuPaul's Drag Race 55 min 32 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Real-Life Girlfriends Bria & Chrissy on '10 Things Lesbians Do on Saturdays' 57 min 47 sec ago
- Travel Stockholm Pride Sent an FU to Putin 1 hour 9 min ago
- Sports WATCH: Sportscaster Denies Calling Kansas Jayhawks 'Gayhawks' 1 hour 39 min ago
- Music 6 New Christmas Albums To Get You In the Holiday Mood 2 hours 6 min ago
- Film George Takei Documentary to Premiere at Sundance 2 hours 7 min ago