Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 4:00 AM ET
During an assembly honoring Martin Luther King Jr., whose theme was breaking the silence about things that matter, a high school senior comes out to her entire school. Kayla’s speech displays an inner strength that should be emulated by anyone who feels as if they can’t say what they feel.
A transgender teen who also has his own YouTube channel, TheRealAlexBertie, Alex shares his story about coming out as transgender to his mom. His delivery is funny, as are his other videos, and that accent only helps matters.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 40 min 2 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 2 hours 39 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM