Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 5:00 AM ET
During an assembly honoring Martin Luther King Jr., whose theme was breaking the silence about things that matter, a high school senior comes out to her entire school. Kayla’s speech displays an inner strength that should be emulated by anyone who feels as if they can’t say what they feel.
A transgender teen who also has his own YouTube channel, TheRealAlexBertie, Alex shares his story about coming out as transgender to his mom. His delivery is funny, as are his other videos, and that accent only helps matters.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers