Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 5:00 AM ET
Natasha is an out lesbian whose story demonstrates that building a network of support can take time, but the end result makes the effort completely worth it. Her progress with her mom also shows that even if it takes a while, an initial negative reaction can be turned around.
Jacob Rudolph, a New Jersey high school senior, comes out as an LGBT teen in his acceptance speech for a Class Actor award. At the end of his speech, the cheers, shouts, and standing ovation from the audience are a reminder that high school can be a place of love and support from peers for LGBT teens.
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM