Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 5:00 AM ET
Natasha is an out lesbian whose story demonstrates that building a network of support can take time, but the end result makes the effort completely worth it. Her progress with her mom also shows that even if it takes a while, an initial negative reaction can be turned around.
Jacob Rudolph, a New Jersey high school senior, comes out as an LGBT teen in his acceptance speech for a Class Actor award. At the end of his speech, the cheers, shouts, and standing ovation from the audience are a reminder that high school can be a place of love and support from peers for LGBT teens.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality