Out and Proud: LGBT Youth Share Their Stories
BY Nicholas Cimarusti
October 17 2013 5:00 AM ET
Natasha is an out lesbian whose story demonstrates that building a network of support can take time, but the end result makes the effort completely worth it. Her progress with her mom also shows that even if it takes a while, an initial negative reaction can be turned around.
Jacob Rudolph, a New Jersey high school senior, comes out as an LGBT teen in his acceptance speech for a Class Actor award. At the end of his speech, the cheers, shouts, and standing ovation from the audience are a reminder that high school can be a place of love and support from peers for LGBT teens.
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home