As Roman sage Seneca once said, "Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind." According to the LGBT market specialist Out Now, our minds must full of vigor. After reportedly conducting the largest ever research study on LGBT travelers, the group reports that we will spend approximately $165 billion on travel in 2012 and even more next year. Furthermore, LGBT dollars are going to some traditionally beloved cities like San Francisco and Miami as well as less typical destinations such as Cape Town and Tokyo.
The following are the top 20 most coveted travel cities among LGBT tourists, according to the Out Now survey.
Tell us: What stamp do you want on your passport?
19. Cape Town (Related: Sizing Up South Africa | Clifton Third is listed as one of the world's best gay beaches)
18. Rome (Related: Three Gay Days in Rome)
15. São Paulo (Related: Travel + Fashion: Boys of Brazil | Millions Pack the Streets for São Paulo Pride)
14. Barcelona (Related: Nearby Sitges listed as one of the world's best gay beaches |
13. Melbourne (Related: Melbourne, A Food Lover's Paradise |
12. Hong Kong (Related: A Culinary Trip Around Hong Kong | What Dennis Hensley Learned by Traveling to Hong Kong)