Some Like It Hot to be staged with Tony Curtis
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
Tony Curtis will be featured in a staged musical version of the cross-dressing classic Some Like It Hot, according to Variety. This time around, though, Curtis will be playing the eccentric millionaire Osgood Fielding III rather than donning high heels as he did in the original film version. The musical was originally mounted in 1972 under the title Sugar since the rights to the films title were unobtainable at that time. The current production, under the new but old moniker Some Like It Hot, is scheduled to open July 27, 2002, at the Aladdin Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, followed by a national tour.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses