Some Like It Hot to be staged with Tony Curtis
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2001 11:00 PM ET
Tony Curtis will be featured in a staged musical version of the cross-dressing classic Some Like It Hot, according to Variety. This time around, though, Curtis will be playing the eccentric millionaire Osgood Fielding III rather than donning high heels as he did in the original film version. The musical was originally mounted in 1972 under the title Sugar since the rights to the films title were unobtainable at that time. The current production, under the new but old moniker Some Like It Hot, is scheduled to open July 27, 2002, at the Aladdin Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, followed by a national tour.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'