Hot Sheet: Road to Paradise
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2013 5:59 PM ET
1. EVENT: GaymerX
GaymerX, formerly known as GaymerCon, kicks off on Saturday, August 3, in San Francisco. The convention is the first of its kind dedicated to gaymers (gay gamers) and queer geek culture. The two-day event began with a Kickstarter project launched last year, with a modest fundraising goal of $25,000. By the time the convention’s fundraising campaign ended, more than $90,000 had been raised, proving LGBT geek culture is alive and well. “Honestly, something like this, it should have happened five to 10 years ago,” says GaymerX founder Matt Conn. “Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and until now there has not been a single company focused on LGBT advocacy in the gaming world.” Tickets are available at Gaymerconnect.com.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6