Hot Sheet: Road to Paradise
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2013 6:59 PM ET
1. EVENT: GaymerX
GaymerX, formerly known as GaymerCon, kicks off on Saturday, August 3, in San Francisco. The convention is the first of its kind dedicated to gaymers (gay gamers) and queer geek culture. The two-day event began with a Kickstarter project launched last year, with a modest fundraising goal of $25,000. By the time the convention’s fundraising campaign ended, more than $90,000 had been raised, proving LGBT geek culture is alive and well. “Honestly, something like this, it should have happened five to 10 years ago,” says GaymerX founder Matt Conn. “Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and until now there has not been a single company focused on LGBT advocacy in the gaming world.” Tickets are available at Gaymerconnect.com.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Rachel Maddow: The Fox News Debate Is 'Rigged'
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer