Hot Sheet: Road to Paradise
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2013 6:59 PM ET
1. EVENT: GaymerX
GaymerX, formerly known as GaymerCon, kicks off on Saturday, August 3, in San Francisco. The convention is the first of its kind dedicated to gaymers (gay gamers) and queer geek culture. The two-day event began with a Kickstarter project launched last year, with a modest fundraising goal of $25,000. By the time the convention’s fundraising campaign ended, more than $90,000 had been raised, proving LGBT geek culture is alive and well. “Honestly, something like this, it should have happened five to 10 years ago,” says GaymerX founder Matt Conn. “Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and until now there has not been a single company focused on LGBT advocacy in the gaming world.” Tickets are available at Gaymerconnect.com.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic