Hot Sheet: Road to Paradise
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 01 2013 6:59 PM ET
1. EVENT: GaymerX
GaymerX, formerly known as GaymerCon, kicks off on Saturday, August 3, in San Francisco. The convention is the first of its kind dedicated to gaymers (gay gamers) and queer geek culture. The two-day event began with a Kickstarter project launched last year, with a modest fundraising goal of $25,000. By the time the convention’s fundraising campaign ended, more than $90,000 had been raised, proving LGBT geek culture is alive and well. “Honestly, something like this, it should have happened five to 10 years ago,” says GaymerX founder Matt Conn. “Gaming is the largest entertainment sector in the world and until now there has not been a single company focused on LGBT advocacy in the gaming world.” Tickets are available at Gaymerconnect.com.
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'